Research Poster Sessions
The American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) is proud to host the Research Poster Sessions at this year’s Annual Conference! This event provides dental hygiene researchers and educators the opportunity to present their work, exchange ideas and share information and effective strategies for teaching and mentoring research with their colleagues and dental hygienists from various settings. The submission period to participate in this year’s Research Poster Sessions will be open until March 6, 2020.
Undergraduate Student Research Competition
This year, ADHA is also pleased to host this year’s Undergraduate Student Research Competition! All undergraduate dental hygiene students are eligible to present a poster in this year’s competition. There are two categories that students can present a poster for in the competition: Research Poster (original research) or Informative Poster Presentation (non-original research). The deadline to submit for this competition is April 24, 2020.
For each judged category, awards will be given to first, second, and third place winners. These winners will receive an award along with a cash prize and matching monetary grant for their school. An Honorable Mention certificate is also awarded to those who place in fourth.
In addition to participating in the Competition, each student presenter will be able to:
- Attend the Student Awards Brunch,
- Showcase your hard work in the Open Viewing of Poster Presentations alongside fellow students and dental hygiene researchers, and
- Experience the other educational, social and networking events the 2020 Annual Conference has to offer.
Registration for the 2020 Undergraduate Student Research Competition will open in January 2020. More details and information regarding the Competition will be released in the coming months!
The Research Poster Sessions and the Undergraduate Student Research Competition are sponsored by:
Dentsply Sirona/ADHA Graduate Student Clinician’s Research Program
ADHA is pleased to partner with Dentsply Sirona for this year’s Graduate Student Clinician’s Research Program. For this year’s program, the director of each graduate dental hygiene program may identify one student to participate. One graduate dental hygiene student per program may present their research in a standard scientific poster in the format of the International Association of Dental Research (IADR). This year’s deadline to submit for the Program is February 7, 2020.
Up to 18 recipients will be selected to participate in this year’s Program. Recipients will receive the following:
- Certificate of participation
- Recognition in ADHA publications
- Complimentary registration, $100 per diem, air travel and two nights’ lodging at Annual Conference, plus recognition
- $1000 cash award for first-place winner
- Travel expenses for the first-place winner to attend the AADR Annual Conference, where he or she may present the winning presentation during Student Clinician Award Program
- $500 cash award for second place winner
- $250 cash award for third place winner
- Award program and reception
For additional information, contact your program director today!
If you have any questions on any of the research events above at this year’s Annual Conference, please email Tyler Dempsay at firstname.lastname@example.org.